Emergency Cases Fund
The Emergency Cases Fund provides access to several grants designed to assist needy persons as well as persons who have been victims of a natural disaster or who are in dire need of assistance.
What help can I get?
The grants administered under the Emergency Cases Fund are:
- Household Items Grant.
- Clothing Grant.
- Housing Repair Grant.
- Medical Equipment Grant.
- Home Help Grant.
- Dietary Grant.
- Pharmaceutical Grant.
- Education Grant.
- School Textbooks Grant.
- Special Child Grant.
- Uniform Grant.
- Burial Order or Funeral Grant.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for these grants you must be:
- A victim of disaster such as hurricane, fire or flood.
- A client of the Ministry of the People and Social Development or other needy person who is in dire need of assistance.
How do I apply?
You must visit the Social Welfare Division office in your district and speak to an officer. Follow the links below to view the application form and a list of office locations. The officer will fill out an application form and your application will be reviewed.
What documents do I need?
- Estimates from the supplier of the goods or service being sought.
- Fire victims must submit a letter from the Fire Services Association.
- Any other relevant documents requested by a social welfare officer.
Where can I find more information?
For more information on how to apply for these grants and the eligibility criteria, please contact the Social Welfare Division office in your district.