The Clothing grant is provided to assist in the purchase of clothing, including school uniforms, shoes, pants, shirts, etc. The maximum amount of the grant is TT$500.00 per person, limited to the number of persons living in the household. This grant is only available once in every two (2) years. It is reserved for victims of disasters and necessitous persons.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this grant you must be:
- A victim of disaster such as hurricane, fire or flood.
- A client of the Ministry of the People and Social Development or other needy person who is in dire need of basic clothing but is unable to purchase them.
How do I apply?
You must visit the Social Welfare Division office in your district and speak to an officer. Follow the link below for a list of office locations. The officer will fill out an application form and your application will be reviewed.
What documents do I need?
You will need to provide:
- Estimates from the clothing supplier.
- Fire victims must submit a letter from the Fire Services Association.
- Any other relevant documents requested by a social welfare officer.
Where can I find more information?
For more information on how to apply for this grant and the eligibility criteria, please contact the Social Welfare Division office in your district.